Curiosity Hub provides engaging in-school STEM/STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) enrichment workshops for all Key Stages, complementing the National Curriculum in Science, Computing/Computer Science, Maths and Design & Technology. Perfect for STEM Days!
We also offer teacher CPD and customised cross-curricular training sessions to help educators and schools get the most out of their computing software and technology. We can provide teachers with activity ideas, instructions and guides to enhance science, technology and computing classroom experiences.
Our workshops allow students to get ‘hands-on’ with engineering design challenges and explore cutting-edge technology in an interactive learning experience. Engaging STEAM activities emphasise teamwork, problem solving and creativity while also providing links to other subjects including arts, literacy and humanities.
We can advise you on the most suitable activities for your class size, year group, previous experience and school schedule, and will work with you to find a day and time that suits everyone.
We provide all the necessary equipment and software along with instruction. Workshops may be combined with STEAM-related careers talks by Curiosity Hub leaders, who enjoy sharing their professional paths and industry insights.
View all our current Workshop Themes at thecuriosityhub.com, including:
- Explore Robotics with Lego Education WeDo (can also link with Scratch)
- Explore Robotics with Lego Education Mindstorms EV3
- Introduction to Programming with Minecraft EDU
- Create your own Stop-motion Animation Movies
- Build Big: Rockets & Catapults, Tower & Bridges, Wonders of Light, Electric Circuit Art
- Chocolate Laboratory
- Discover DNA
- Create your own Digital Music with Sonic Pi
- Create your own Computer Games with Scratch or GameMaker Studio
- Create your own Website with HTML
- Mobile App Design with POP
- Custom-themed workshops incorporating your own equipment (e.g. Makey Makeys, Arduino, etc.)
We are strongly committed to supporting initiatives that advocate for under-represented communities in STEAM, particularly girls and women, and we work hard to make our workshops welcoming and inclusive to all students including those with special educational needs.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a brochure and check availability.
To book Curiosity Hub: Robotics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths Workshops contact:
n/a, Brighton, n/a